New programs offered
A little training can turn more of your lawyers into a motivated team of high-powered rainmakers.
A former commercial litigator and marketing partner, Ross speaks credibly to lawyer audiences. In sessions ranging from one hour to a full day, he provides a practical, hands-on approach, ensuring that your firm’s marketing is productive and effective, and that your lawyers will have clients when they need them.
These interactive programs are educational yet entertaining, fully supporting the efforts of a firm’s marketing professionals. Ross also emphasizes the applicable ethics rules relating to communications, solicitation, advertising, and promotions, to help the programs qualify for CLE credit.
All presentations are individually tailored to each firm’s unique needs, and may include one-on-one or small-group follow-up as necessary.
Four Popular Programs:
Integrated law firm marketing
Fishman Marketing’s unique FMVision methodology ensures the successful development and implementation of advertising campaigns, business development strategies, and branding initiatives. Through this proprietary and rigorous approach the optimal set of digital, social and marketing strategies and tactics are carefully integrated into traditional marketing and PR platforms and tools to achieve defined business objectives.
Only with the right strategies and an understanding of how multiple platforms and interplay can you deliver the desired results on a timely basis.
Niche and industry marketing is among the most efficient and effective approaches to business development. Focusing like a laser yields faster results than a scattershot approach. Becoming known as a niche specialist is arguably the fastest route to client-development success. From the Bug Lawyers to the Beer Lawyer, for attorneys committed to client development, this simple, practical, entertaining and results-oriented program will show them exactly how to do it efficiently from the approach to closing the deal.
Social Marketing: Be Your Own Brand
After all, lawyers invented Social Marketing — that is, creating and nurturing close personal relationships.
Social platforms are simply tools to accelerate and extend your reach. However new rules of engagement apply, and when well understood and executed will yield impressive and sustainable results.
Before becoming social you must first become user-friendly, and we will give you the Top 10 do’s and don’ts. Social marketing is not about having a Facebook page; it is about managing your own brand.
If you are confused about social strategies, this fun and fast-paced presentation will show you how best to develop and execute a successful social marketing program
“…hire Ross Fishman to handle your marketing training. If you’re not entirely satisfied, send me the bill”
– Bill Flannery, The WJF Institute
Every firm gets the marketing it deserves
A firm that doesn’t believe Marketing generates revenue gets marketing that doesn’t. They hire less-skilled marketers, under-fund their efforts, and red-pen the effectiveness out of any potentially powerful tools or strategies.
Firms that believe Marketing can make them lots of money, gets marketing that does. They invest in their firms’ future and dominate their target markets. They grow faster than their competitors, and thrive during recessionary economies. They attract better people, make more money, and have more fun.
Additional hot topics
- Social Media for Lawyers. Everything you need to know to build a practice — from LinkedIn and Twitter, to blogs and SEO.
- Marketing and business-development best practices.
- Marketing in a Recession. It’s Time to Dominate!
- Go From “Zero” to “Guru” in Three Months.
SEO and social media
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Social Media Tools. An up-to-date overview of the latest tools, traps, and techniques.
- Integrated Marketing. How to build a practice online using an integrated mix of powerful tools, from blogs to branding, and SEO to social media.
- Strategic SEO. How lawyers and firms can use search-engine optimization to dominate their markets.
CLE and ethics
- “From Hammers to Hand Grenades” – Creative Marketing and Legal Ethics.
- Focused Marketing: An Efficient, Ethical Approach to Business Development.
- Topless Marketing: An entertaining 300-year history of law firm marketing.
Strategy, differentiation and branding
- Niche / Industry Marketing: An Efficient, Practical, Effective Process.
- Website 101: How to develop an effective, results-oriented website.
- “We’re Different! So Why Does No One Know It?” Developing a Killer Strategy.
- Jumping on the Differentiation Brandwagon – Positioning Your Firm, Practice, or Office.
Creativity and innovation
- Creating and Selling Innovation to Lawyers.
- Outside-the-Box Marketing Ideas.
- How to Work a Room and Live to Profit From it – Ethical Networking. 100 simple, practical tips to make networking less threatening and more effective.
- No Network? No Clients. How introverts can build a practice – without glad-handing.
- Net/Working a Room, with Live Practice.
Public relations and advertising
- “Get Exposed by the Media, And Benefit From It – Using Public Relations to Ethically Build Your Firm.”
- Advertise Online and in Print. The pros, cons, and new rules.
- PR for PI Firms. Powerful public relations can build a personal injury reputation quickly. Here’s how.
- How to Create Powerful, Ethical Advertising (Without Skylines, Gavels, Globes, or Columns…).
- “He Said What?” – A Candid, Interactive Client Roundtable.
- “Worst-Case Scenario” – This is Not Your Typical Legal Seminar.
- Developing an Effective Individual Marketing Plan.
- “No one’s leaving ’til it’s done!” Writing an Associate Marketing Plan.
Client service and retention
- “I’ll never hire them again!” – Client Service and Site Visits.
- Secrets of Client Retention and Maximizing Profits.
- Step-by-Step Marketing for Associates.
- Marketing Overview or “Everything You’ve Always Wanted to Know about Ethical Marketing, But Were Too Bored to Ask.”
- Painfully Practical Associate Training.
Specific types of firms
How to market:
- An International Network
- An Insurance Practice
- A Specialty Practice
- A Divorce Practice
- A Litigation Practice
- Secrets of Successful Cross-Selling. It Can Work. No, Really.
- Key-Client Program. Retaining Your Top Clients.
- Recruiting is Just Marketing – To a Different Audience.
- “If you give a mouse a cookie….” Compensation Issues for Law Firms.
- “What a 2,500-Year-Old Chinese General Can Teach You About Marketing – The Art of War for Lawyers.”
- “Oh, those darn kids!“ Generational ues in Law Firms.
- How to Organize a Great Firm Retreat.